Objective of Physical Education:
The primary goal of our Physical Education curriculum is to develop a positive attitude towards fitness that will carry over into adulthood. Programs are designed to help students acquire knowledge and awareness of their physical, social, and mental health. The curriculum includes improving one’s physical being through daily calisthenics, pre and post physical fitness testing and self designed fitness programs. Cooperative play through team sports, and developing social interactions through co-educational activities are all integral parts of the Physical Education program. Furthermore, self, peer and teacher assessments will evaluate students on their acquired knowledge and skills.
- Students must be in locker room when bell rings. Students are allotted five minutes to change and will be marked late if they exceed the time limit.
- Three unexcused lates from the locker room will count as a 5 pt. deduction on the overall grade.
- Students are required to dress in appropriate attire consisting of a t-shirt or sweatshirt (NO Tank Tops), athletic shorts or sweats, and athletic sneakers.
- Students that are unprepared will NOT be allowed to participate in interscholastic activities for that day.
- Students will respect teacher and classmates
- Students will follow all safety guidelines
- NO food, gum, music devices, or cell phones allowed in class
New York State Physical Education Learning Standards
Students will have the necessary knowledge and skills to establish and maintain physical fitness, participate in physical activity, and maintain personal health.
Students will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources.